SimpleCAD is a straightforward, easy to learn 2D Computer Assisted Design program (CAD) designed to meet all your fundamental design needs.
SimpleCAD is not only a vector fresh paint program, since you could move, copy, edit, scale, rotate and offset… objects.
Primary Functions from the application:
- Fundamental draw products: including freehand lines, line, polyline, orthogonal line, tangent line, parallel line, rectangle, polygon, circle, arc (NOTE: native ellipse isn't supported, only support ellipse produced by polyline object). Text box, callout box, picture box (imported from image file), measure items…
- Modify functions: move, erase, copy, mirror, offset, rotate, scale, stretch items' vertices, lengthen, trim, extend, break, chamfer, fillet and explode polyline, join, array, polar array.
- Auto Snap point setting: Snap to power grid, finish points of objects, on entity, center of arc - line - circle, middle reason for arc - line, crossing points, snap to top, left, right, bottom edges of the circle, arc
- Multi layers: you can create new layer to attract more products. Layers might be proven, hidden individually.
- Add image: You could include any image file (support file type: presen, jpeg, png, bmp, pict, tiff) to show being an item within the application.
Image file might be proven in following modes: Stretch / Fit inside bound / Fit outdoors bound.
The applying also enables to tugOrDecrease many image files from Finder (or press Cmd-V to stick image from current Clipboard) to current editing window to include these to the diagram.
- Add products (block) to bar Template list:
Right click selected products then choose "Increase template list" in order to save the block to template list to ensure that you are able to reuse it later
- Easy to customize background:
Background color, total size the diagram might be transformed throughout editing.
Background color is also set to transparent.
- Open/Save to "*.AAD" file:
AAD (*.aad) may be the new file type produced just for this application.
Press "⌘S" in order to save current diagram for an AAD file to ensure that you can load it later for editing.
- Capture to clipboard:
Press "⌘9" or click Capture button to export current diagram image to clipboard, then you may paste that image to a different application.
Example: Open [Preview] application, press "⌘N" to stick above taken image to see in order to save for an image file.
Obviously, you can paste that image to Stand out, Word application too.
- Supports Metric or British models (you can change it out within the Preferences dialog)
- Limitless Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Change-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Group / Ungroup Products (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Change-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock products position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Change-Cmd-L)
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
What's New in Version 1.81
- Fix bugs
In the past update:
- support to exhibit unit in Ft-inches format
- manual drag and move by: hold ALT then drag mouse
- manual drag and move by: right click then drag mouse
- manual drag and duplicate by: hold ALT-CONTROL key then drag mouse
- improve Interface
- support to exhibit Ruler
- add Focus, Zoom out short-cut key
- add Point mark object
- add “Copy to a different layer”, “Move to a different layer” menu
- allow user to edit measure object’s text content
- allow user to direct edit coordinate information of selected object by new text boxes around the left plugin
- fix arrow mind size
Simple to use Drawing Package, Worth the cost!with a user in Atlanta GA
I began by using this application because I'm not a draftsman and that i required to have the ability to generate scale sketches of commercial facilities with a few detail. I’ve used the present form of SimpleCad for around 2 days now and I’ve found it super easy to understand and employ. I know that other user develop a lot more detailed sketches than I’ve needed But for me, the layers, the characteristics for dimensioning and calculating, the range of standard engineering symbology, and straightforward but flexible tools have managed to get worth the cost. If you are searching for a cost-effective tool to rapidly learn and employ, I highly recommend you utilize SimpleCAD!
UPDATE latest version damagedby FoamerAce
I would like hobbiest CAD. I wish to make simple mechanical sketches for stuff I'm able to build in the spare roomOrcellar. My CAD experience is extreemely limited (none previously seven years). Going from no CAD to SimpleCAD is much like being unchained in the cave. I might well outgrow this removed lower package, but for the time being it’s doing me super. On the very first day, I produced sketches for any project using the front take on one layer, the dimentions on another, along with a couple of other layers for oblique forecasts, hardware, and whatnot. It had been difficult in the beginning, but I’ve become pretty zippy by using it in a couple days.
Really the only problem I've by using it, may be the help isn’t as useful as it may be. It’s b .pdf file file but it had been converted from another language. It’s not necessarily a bad translation in comparison with a I’ve experienced, however it does sometimes lack for clearness. Still, there is nothing I couldn’t determine by having fun with it for a little.