Did Home windows XP dwindle secure after Microsoft ended support on April eighth, 2014?
Microsoft itself has mentioned, "If you will always use Home windows XP after support finishes, your pc will still work however it might be susceptible to security risks and infections." This is because, Microsoft no more supplying technical assistance for customers of Home windows XP now. Microsoft stopped creating any operating-system updates needed to shut any weaknesses which are present in Home windows XP. Here's Microsoft's announcement on finish of support for Home windows XP.
Does Symantec recommend upgrading to a different operating-system?
Yes. For those who have a Home windows XP computer, we highly recommend that you simply upgrade to some more modern and supported operating-system as quickly as possible.
Does Symantec have recommendations basically continue using Home windows XP?
If you opt to keep using Home windows XP, we advise a mix of guidelines:
- Make sure that your Home windows XP product is patched using the latest updates from Microsoft.
- Migrate to programs which are supported with security updates and patches on Home windows XP.
- Make sure that your security software programs are up-to-date and positively based on your security vendor on Home windows XP.
Should i be running the most recent form of Norton Anti-virus, Norton Internet Security Software, Norton 360, or Norton Security Suite, am i going to still receive product updates and virus definitions on Home windows XP?
During the time of this F.A.Q, the most recent major versions of those items are version 22.. At this time around, we support these items using the product updates and also the virus definitions for those supported versions of Microsoft Home windows (including Home windows XP SP3).
Should i be running a mature form of Norton Anti-virus, Norton Internet Security Software, Norton 360, Norton Security Suite, Norton Security, or Norton Security with Backup, am i going to still receive product updates and virus definitions on Home windows XP?
Versions of Norton items over the age of 22. is going to be supported in line with the following recommendations:
- We'll provide virus definition updates for several years following the discharge of each major product version.
- Should you receive virus definition updates to have an earlier version presently, you will keep to get the meaning sets which are compatible across all Home windows platforms which your Norton product supports.
- Should you require support to have an earlier version, you might be needed to update towards the new edition from the product throughout the support process.
Will Symantec support Home windows XP in the next major discharge of Norton-top quality security items?
Our goal would be to supply the best protection possible around the largest group of os's which are utilized by our clients. Based on security demands and development, future versions of Norton-top quality security items may drop support for upon the market os's. Of course, we'll provide explicit system needs within the documentation for each product update that people release.