There's no tech support team by email or telephone. Most questions are clarified within our Faq's (FAQ), documentation, and also the additional Lessons and Tips about the Audacity Wiki. Each one of these assets are searchable while using “Find” box center directly on all pages.
Should you still help, expert there's help on the Audacity Forum. Aesthetically impaired customers should request for assistance on the audacity4blind subscriber list.
To publish an issue around the Forum, register, confirm your registration then sign in. Pick the correct subforum (for instance, “Windows” within the Audacity 2.x Help Forum), click “New Topic” top left, then submit your message. Assist in other languages could be acquired from various online forums such as the Audacity Worldwide Forums.
Always give lots of information, particularly your full (three-section) Audacity version number, when asking them questions on Audacity Forum. You'll find more assist with joining and taking advantage of Audacity Forum here.
Suggestions, Bug Reviews, Feature Demands and Pull Demands/Patches
- Reviews of possible Audacity bugs
- Demands for brand new or enhanced features
We're not thinking about plans to “monetize” the Audacity installer by any means, therefore we ignore all plans about bundling or advertising other software, click-throughs with other sites or similar.
Bug reviews: Book both Release Notes for the specific form of Audacity 2.x and Confirming Bugs prior to making a study. We're not fixing bugs within the legacy 1.2 or 1.3 series – please upgrade towards the new edition of Audacity rather.
Please range from the following information. This will be significant.
- The precise three-section version quantity of Audacity (for instance, 2.1.) – you should check this at Help > About Audacity, or Audacity > About Audacity on Mac OS X
- Your operating-system (for instance, Home windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Mac OS X 10.9.5)
- Particulars of the items you had been attempting to do, including what steps brought towards the problem occurring, and also the text associated with a error messages.
- If at all possible, please range from the “Audacity.zip” file which you'll generate for all of us at Help > Generate Support Data…. If there's an accident, Audacity will usually offer to create this zip file before exiting.
Git Pull Demands and Patches: We welcome Git pull demands if you're able to offer us a treatment for a known bug or perhaps a new or enhanced feature. Also see Posting Patches on Audacity Wiki for another way of offering code enhancements.